April 2018 Crypto Folio (A 66% winner YTD)
After a very shaky back end of January 2018 and early feb, cryptos have gained some of those loses. A lot of this I believe just is due to market noise, there has not been much in a change in fundamentals. No cryptos have been dropped to being scams and if you have additional capital it has been a good time to “fill your boots up”.
Sorry we have been away travelling, but it looks Crypto has found a base and we are seeing a bit of a surge again in prices. The disciplined have made good money and our strategy has weathered the storm as such, hopefully for the rest of the year we can build on the gains and start making some serious DOUGH!
In this running blog post we will update the prices and net worth of the portfolio to see how returns are over the year. This can sort of be treated as a running index of the Crypto market.
Of course we would not recommend that you invest anymore than what you are willing to lose in this portfolio. This is based around a guy/gal with 100K net worth and a low risk profile risking 1% in a Crypto Folio, but hopefully will highlight the benefits of investing in this emerging industry and technology. If not highlighted everything is in US dollars.
- Bitcoin (BTC) – 0.008772 BTC – The gold standard of the Crypto market – BTC @ $9795 US – $85.92 US (-14%)
- Ethereum (ETH) – 0.097943 ETH – Smart contracts – ETH @ $800 – $78.35 US (-21%)
- Litecoin (LTC) – 0.526260 LTC – Litecoin, better for everyday technology – LTC @ $170.73 – $89.84 (-10%)
- Monero (XMR) – 0.299410 XMR – Monero privacy and discretion – XMR @ 243.60 – $72.93 (-27%)
- Ethereum Classic (ETC) – 3.191829 ETC – Variation of Ethereum – ETC @ $22.46 – $71.68 (-28%)
- Neo (NEO) – 0.728226 NEO – Japanese diversity, potential Ethereum disruption – NEO @ $84.77 – $61.73 (-38%)
- EOS (EOS) – 9.157509 EOS – Ethereum Challenger to Protocol – EOS @ $18.14 – $166.11 (+66%)
- Cardano (ADA) – 157.480315 ADA – Open Source Crypto Protocol – ADA @ 0.3673 – $57.84 (-42%)
- IOTA (MIOTA) – 37.174721 MIOTA – The tangle, blockless DLT – MIOTA @ $2.40 – $89.22 (-11%)
- Stratis (STRAT) – 6.807351 STRAT – Blockchain for .NET coders – STRAT @ $8.06 – $54.87 (-45%)
Overall across the board our $1000 invest from Jan is now worth $779.27 or -22% YTD. Considering where bitcoin has been and where is can go this is a pretty good result. We had great returns with EOS +66%, and I imagine many more will continue to climb and more investors jump in for exposure.
There has been no need to sack any of these cryptos yet as for the most part their development team are doing what they say they should. Watch this space, we have seen many collapses this year especially with the bitconnect fiasco.
As always mentioned, this can be scaled to a higher or lower amount depending on budget. The way I look at it, an amazing opportunity to average down in good prices, if your risk and budget can accommodate.
The beauty of this strategy is keeping the risk low, but upside in check. As a typical 100K net work dude has only lost -.22% on his capital. This is our edge over the rest of the cryptocurrency community.
This Portfolio will be open for debate, as there are over 900 Crypto currencies out there but these guys I believe will keep losses to an absolute minimum and provide ample upside.