After a very shaky back end of January 2018 and early feb, cryptos have gained some of those loses. A lot of this I believe just is due to market noise, there has not been much in a change in fundamentals. No cryptos have been dropped to being scams and if you have additional capital it has been a good time to “fill your boots up”.
In this running blog post we will update the prices and net worth of the portfolio to see how returns are over the year. This can sort of be treated as a running index of the Crypto market.
Of course we would not recommend that you invest anymore than what you are willing to lose in this portfolio. This is based around a guy with 100K net worth and a low risk profile, but hopefully will highlight the benefits of investing in this emerging industry and technology. If not highlighted everything is in US dollars.
- Bitcoin (BTC)- The gold standard of the Crypto market – 0.008772 BTC @ $10790 US – $94.65 US (-5%)
- Ethereum (ETH)- Smart contracts – 0.097943 ETH @ $964.23 – $94.44 US (-5%)
- Litecoin (LTC) – Litecoin, better for everyday technology – 0.526260 LTC @ $227.10 – $119.51 (+20%)
- Monero (XMR) – Monero privacy and discretion – 0.299410 XMR @ 332.22 – $99.50 (~FLAT)
- Ethereum Classic (ETC) – Variation of Ethereum – 3.191829 ETC @ $34.60 – $110.44 (+10%)
- Neo (NEO) – Japanese diversity, potential Ethereum disruption – 0.728226 NEO @ $135.11 – $98.39 (-2%)
- EOS (EOS) – Ethereum Challenger to Protocol – 9.157509 EOS @ $9.99 – $91.48 (-8%)
- Cardano (ADA) – Open Source Crypto Protocol – 157.480315 ADA @ 0.4211 – $66.31 (-34%)
- IOTA (MIOTA) – The tangle, blockless DLT – 37.174721 MIOTA @ $2.17 – $80.67 (-20%)
- Stratis (STRAT) – Blockchain for .NET coders – 6.807351 STRAT @ $9.47 – $64.47 (-35%)
Overall across the board we were -8% roughly, held up mainly by the Gold standard cryptos and better returning Litecoin and Ethereum Classic. Some of our poor performing cryptos saw almost a 50% drop in Cardnano and Stratis. However, the fundamentals with there tech are still in play. Since the large run up in these crypto there may have been an exoborant sell off with early stage investors taking profit out of these cryptos. Still an amazing opportunity to average down in good prices.
As always mentioned, this can be scaled to a higher or lower amount depending on budget. If any of these Cryptos prove to be a scam, the capital will be drawn out and reallocated to another Crypto Currency.
This Portfolio will be open for debate, as there are over 900 Crypto currencies out there but these guys I believe will keep losses to an absolute minimum and provide ample upside.