Due to popular demand we have decided to put together a tracking portfolio of $1000 US into 10 of our best crypto currencies for 2018.
In this running blog post we will update the prices and net worth of the portfolio to see how returns are over the year. This can sort of be treated as a running index of the Crypto market.
Of course we would not recommend that you invest anymore than what you are willing to lose in this portfolio. This is based around a guy with 100K net worth and a low risk profile, but hopefully will highlight the benefits of investing in this emerging industry and technology.
- Bitcoin (BTC)- The gold standard of the Crypto market – $100 US @ $11400 US – 0.008772 BTC
- Ethereum (ETH)- Smart contracts – $100 US @ $1021 US – 0.097943 ETH
- Litecoin (LTC) – Litecoin, better for everyday technology – $100 US @ $190.02 US – 0.526260 LTC
- Monero (XMR) – Monero privacy and discretion – $100 US @ 333.99 US -0.299410 XMR
- Ethereum Classic (ETC) – Variation of Ethereum – $100 US @ 31.33 US – 3.191829 ETC
- Neo (NEO) – Japanese diversity, potential Ethereum disruption – $100 US @ 137.32 US – 0.728226 NEO
- EOS (EOS) – Ethereum Challenger to Protocol – $100 US @ 10.92 US – 9.157509 EOS
- Cardano (ADA) – Open Source Crypto Protocol – $100 US @ 0.635 – 157.480315 ADA
- IOTA (MIOTA) – The tangle, blockless DLT – $100 US @ 2.69 – 37.174721 MIOTA
- Stratis (STRAT) – Blockchain for .NET coders – $100 US @ 14.69 – 6.807351 STRAT
There you go, 10 Crypto Currencies that we will track for the rest of the year.
Of course this can be scaled to a higher or lower amount depending on budget. If any of these Cryptos prove to be a scam, the capital will be drawn out and reallocated to another Crypto Currency.
This Portfolio will be open for debate, as there are over 900 Crypto currencies out there but these guys I believe will keep losses to an absolute minimum and provide ample upside.
Feel free to connect with us on Twitter or our Facebook page if you feel there is anything relevant.
Update will provided on the 15th of February 2018 (day after valentines day for all the Romantics)
Always open to donations to keep this going!